- You use this to select elements from an HTML page to manipulate.
- The $ shortcut means you don’t have to type “jQuery” over and over.
- jQuery selects elements the same way CSS does: with selectors.
- Just about any kind of HTML element is fair game for a jQuery selector.
- Once you’ve selected an element, you can fade it in a variety of ways, using FadeIn, FadeOut, FadeTo, and FadeToggle.
- You can fade in all kinds of elements, from text to images and more.
- Control the speed of your fade effect by putting a time (in milliseconds) value inside the parentheses at the end of the statement.